Scott Smith's Mission:
- First of all, welcome. I hope this online resume can shed a little light on who I am profesionally as well as perhaps reveal a little bit of who I am personally.
- In regards to a mission, I seek 2 things:
- __Make great things with emerging technologies.
- __Be remembered as a guy who made great things in all facets of his life with dignity, respect for others and a smile.
- __The HTML(<=5.0)/CSS(<=3)
- __The Actionscripts 3.0
- __The PHP/MYSQL
- __The Spanish
JQuery, Sencha Touch, Spine.js, Backbone.js, Codeigniter, Wordpress, Google Maps API, Facebook API, Twitter API, Vimeo, Git, Prototype, Popcorn.js, Flash IDE...
Coming Real Soon
NodeJS, PhoneGap, Enyo (webOS... it'll be back!), and so much more.
My multifaceted experiences 'After Dev' have helped to create a person who has:
- __Grown to be revered by my superiors, peers, and subordinates as sensible, kind, trustworthy, and productive.
- __An accelerated ability and enduring desire to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- __A keen understanding of essential design elements including typography, layout, color, and usability.
- __A proven capacity to exceed client/ management expectations in areas of design and development including deadlines; quality, flexibility and accessibility.
- __Had long-term success with managing differing personalities, cultures, and work ethics both in professional and personal environments.
- __Become a creative, analytical thinker with demonstrated abilities to problem solve in the areas of aesthetics and technology.
- My life-cycle at POP has been one that reflects professional and personal growth. A fertile ground that has allowed me to mature significantly both in 'code' and conduct.
- __Consistently produced high-quality, timely work earning the respect of my peers.
- __A De facto resource in project estimations and leadership.
- __Won an internal development competition, given the lead on a high profile project, and sent the most POPstars in less than 20 seconds.
Front End/Flash Developer enter the studio
- From design intern to contractor to full-time flash/HTML developer, my time at ETS was marked by diversity, determination and demonstrated success as a key asset in a highly specialized agency environment.
- __Was lead developer in localization of 80+ Flash games for Hasbro, INC.
- __Designed and scripted (ActionScript 3.) Flash banners for highly recognized Hasbro websites.
Web Developer/Designer WeSprout solutions
- As the development/design half of a 2 person, small-business website machine, I successfully navigated the tempestuous waters of quick deadlines and demanding projects, by consistently producing highly quality websites with a smile.
- __Implemented PHP-based technologies to existing web sites in order to provide dynamic, manageable content as well as streamlined updates and additions.
- __Designed and scripted multiple professional web page compositions based on specific branding profiles within a corporate environment.
Bartender, Deckhand, New World Explorer, Career Student, Wannabe Actor, Proletariat
- During the days 'Before Code' I may have called myself many things, but I have always maintained a desire to produce a great product, be a benevolent leader, challenge my mind, conquer new phyical and emotional frontiers, help my fellow human, be resourceful and make what I do matter -- all with a great attitude. I have succeeded most of the time and continue to try and keep this a priority.
University of Washington, B.A. Latin American Studies/Spanish
- __Graduated with honors, published a 'book' in South America.
Seattle Central Community College, Web Development/Design
- __Program collaborative project became benchmark for incoming class. Honors.
Fundación CIMAS - Quito, Ecuador
- __The 'year abroad'. Published 100 page thesis on Poverty and Petroleum in Ecuador.
Skagit Valley Community College, A.A.
- __Graduated with honors and acted in a play!
Maritime Training Academy, STCW'95
- __Fought fires, rescued 'drowning' victims and learned how to tie a knot!